May 20-22, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA • Hilton Pittsburgh
To accelerate the development, use, and diffusion of environmentally preferable products and practices, and the construction of green buildings in health care by disseminating examples of best practices and convening health care professionals, university researchers, designers of professional buildings, and vendors of cleaner and safer products and services.
- To provide examples of best practices in environmentally preferable purchasing from the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
- To address environmentally sustainable design practices and construction materials in healthcare.
- To discuss and evaluate initiatives to incorporate environmentally preferable purchasing in health care and group purchasing organizations.
- To showcase environmentally preferable and occupationally safer products and practices.
- To evaluate alternatives to medical waste incineration.
- Sustainable building materials
- Products free of mercury, latex, PVC, and DEHP
- Energy and water conservation
- Tools and resources for environmentally preferable purchasing
- Greener cleaners
- Integrated pest management
- Waste Reduction and Recycling
- Green Electronics
- Managing pharmaceuticals
- Environmentally Preferable Medical Waste Treatment and Disposal
- Safer alternatives to PBDEs: products in health care settings
- Nutritious, Sustainable Foods and Food Systems
- Ronald M. Davis, MD
President, American Medical Association
Keynote address by Jeremy Lazarus, MD (replacing Ronald M. Davis, MD)
- David W. Orr, PhD
Paul Sears Distinguished Professor of Environmental Studies and Politics and Chair of the Environmental Studies Program, Oberlin College
Click here to view the artwork
Click here to visit the CleanMed 2008 blog
- Senior healthcare and GPO executives
- Health care architects & designers
- Purchasing and materiamanagers
- Building engineers
- Environmentahealth & safety leaders
- Facilities managers
- Medicadevice manufacturers
- University researchers
- Nursing and clinicaleaders
Click here for more information on our Stephanie Davis Waste Reduction Scholarship
Click here to read more about the Nursing Student Essay Contest Winners
Click here to read more about the CHarlotte Brody Award